Fundamentals (Level 1)
Date: 13th of Jan 2019 from 11am till 15pm
Locations: Fight Zone - 16-22 Pritchard’s Road E2 9AP
The referee courses are broken down into three different levels, the details of which are outlined below:
Previous Knowledge: This course presumes no previous knowledge of the competition rules of Jiu Jitsu
Course content: This course will aim to impart an understanding of the basic rules of jiujitsu, including:
- Point Scoring Positions & Actions
- Takedowns, Sweeps, Guard Passes and Attaining Dominant Positions.
- Advantage Scoring Positions & Actions - Partially successful sweeps, passes, submissions and a variety of other situations that are rewarded but are not sufficient to score actual points.
- Legal Submissions - Defining which submissions are legal at each belt level and age category.
- Illegal Actions - Actions which are punishable with penalties or disqualification, depending on their severity.
- Hand Gestures - Signals to be performed by the referee for all situations where they are necessary.
- Referee Commands - Verbal commands from the referee for all situations where they are necessary.
- Determining the Victor - Determining the winner at the end of a match, whether by submission, points, advantages or referee decision, whether with a single referee or three referees.
Course Duration: 4 hours
Starts at: 11am
Course Cost: £55.00
Course Tutors: Mohamed Itoumaine
SIGN UP HERE - PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN ON THE DAY BY CASH BEFORE THE COURSE BEGINS.