The United Kingdom Jiu Jitsu Federation for the first time unites under one banner, the two largest and most influential International Federations governing the sport of Jiu Jitsu in the world, namely the International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation (IBJJF) and the United Arab Emirates Jiu-Jitsu Federation (UAEJJF). These two eminent organisations have recognised the UKJJF as the body responsible for governing the sport of Jiu Jitsu within the United kingdom; capable of administering the sport on a national basis, generations to come.
The Federation is formed of a dedicated team of highly skilled and experienced individuals who have united with a single passion and purpose, to develop the sport of Jiu Jitsu in the United Kingdom. The UKJJF is a non-profit organisation that relies on unpaid senior management members and staff; all working towards one goal, the same goal. To assist, support and promote a high level of Jiu Jitsu providing guidelines and standards for the development of the sport in the UK. Our objectives:
- To unify Jiu Jitsu under one set of regulations
- To standardise teaching, grading, discipline
- To work with Sport UK, to build and train a team of athletes to represent the UK at National and International events
- To develop and administer standardized teaching of Jiu Jitsu in educational institutions across the country
- To develop a charitable foundation for children from less advantaged backgrounds and people with disabilities in order to give them access to consistently high quality Jiu Jitsu teaching, in order to improve their lives.